Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Bidet


I looked up bidet on wikipedia here is what I found. Bidet is a French word for pony. This etymology comes from the fact that one rides a bidet much like one does a pony. If you don't know, they are used for washing the unmentionables. If you'd like a more detailed definition you can look at wikipedia yourself. Here is the link:





We have three of them in the house. I rather like them. Other than the traditional use; here are other ways I have found the bidet useful:
-clipping toenails
-soaking stained clothes
-washing feet (with tile floors and lots of sand we always have dirty feet.)
-hand washing clothes



3 comments:

ladysman217 said...

do they have anything to dry your unmetionables?

Molly said...

I've often wondered the same thing as the commenter before. So you're all wet and dripping then what? Just pull up the old pants and you're ready to go?

Suzie Petunia said...

My mom said that when we lived in Sweden she loved using them to clean off her babies when changing diapers. I could see how a bidet would come in very useful... however, it would be one more thing to clean in the bathroom!