Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year


Back to school. Yesterday was the start of school for Dayna and Cade. We walked them to school at 9 am and they were finished at 1. The school schedule is very different. For September and May the school day goes from 9-1. October-April School is from 9-1 and 3-4:30. We have a siesta between 1-3. For my American lifestyle this isn't very practical for me. If I have errands it is difficult to be home at 1. There is the lunch option for the kids to stay at school between 1 and 3. The problem with that is I have guilt. Am I a bad mom to have my kids eat lunch at school? Part of me thinks this is the oportunity for them to learn the language by playing with the kids at school. Maybe I just do the lunch for the first 2 months until they can speak spanish. What is a mom to do? Love to hear from you and get your advice.

4 comments:

Angie said...

You leave them at school for lunch in America. Just think of it as a long lunch recess. Kids love recess.

Unknown said...

I think that they can have lunch at school and you shouldn't feel guilty. Wait for something big to feel guilty about.

Jennifer said...

Wow! That schedule is more complicated than half day kindergarten on early release days! Do a lot of other kids stay for lunch? If their new friends stay for lunch, Dayna and Cade might want to stay too. Then there's no guilt!

bobzooms said...

Cade looks like he is not happy that you are going to put him in the prison behind him.