Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Family Home Evening

Last monday a family in the ward invited us over for Family Home Evening. This family has 5 kids like ourselves. We had a nice lesson and then they fed us pizza. We got to talking (or I should say Brent was talking with them) we found out that they like to play volleyball. So we invited their family over this week for family home evening to have a healthy dose of competition. I should say here that we have a similar family in Oregon who we always compete at in kickball or soccer. WE NEVER WIN! We thought that this could be our chance at redemption.

I was preparing a nice pork roast to make pulled pork sandwiches. Things went wrong. My crockpot that I packed burned out. Yes, I did have a converter in the plug so I don't know why it burned out. The meat was half-way done so I stuck it in the oven to finish. I don't know how to cook in this oven. Everything is in celsius. I burned it to a crisp. We had to go to plan B. Brent went to the supermercado and bought chicken.

Family Home Evening went well. We had a nice lesson, ate and went out to the beach for volley. We lost again. We then started playing futbol. At this point it was about 10 pm. Had a great time and we won. I lost a crockpot and a toenail out of the evening but it's all good. Could this be the start of a winning streak?

1 comment:

Suzie Petunia said...

You said "supermercado" and "futbol" and I bet you didn't even think about it! See! You ARE becoming fluent!

Sorry about the botched dinner. Its bound to happen when you invite someone over for the first time, right? Glad you had fun and are making friends!