Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Callings

So we have received church callings. Brent is now one of the seminary teachers. He will be teaching in the morning and the other teacher will be teaching in the afternoon. He is excited for this calling. I think the girls are glad he will be teaching them as well. His spanish is much easier to understand then the natives.

I was just called into the YW. I'm the second counselor. I don't quite know how I will do this calling since I can't understand or speak the language. We had a meeting on monday and Brent had to come along as my translator. On saturday I am supposed to have a message about personal progress. We will see how this all turns out. Hopefully the language will come along.

2 comments:

skbkmjfamily said...

You guys will be awesome. That is a great calling.

Molly said...

I was just thinking the other day that they would snag Brent for a seminary teacher. He'll be great! And you'll do well in YW. NOthing like a bunch of non-stop talking teenagers to help you learn the language. Seriously though I bet it will help you a ton. Might be a little painful at first. You'll get it though!