Thursday, November 5, 2009

Policia

I got pulled over yesterday. I was off to orient a new young woman in our ward and explain the Personal progress program to her. Just as I left the driveway I made my usual left turn. I was suddenly pulled over and I had no idea why. I can't roll down my window because el coche is a piece of garbage. I had to open my door and didn't understand a thing that the officer said. But I do know the drill. I got out my international license, registration my spanish ID card. Come to find out when you drive with an international license you also need your passport. So I sit there for 15 minutes not knowing why as they write me out a ticket for who knows? They came back politely handed me my ticket, license, and registration and drove off. The citation says "No respectar, una linea longitudinal continua." So off I went to my appointment and when I came home (making sure I obeyed every rule) I discovered that right next to my driveway there was a no left hand turn sign. It is in plain site. I have no idea when they put that sign up I'm sure it wasn't there before. ; )

To top it all off Brent has been in the US this week so he can't help me with this issue. I do have a nice friend I have met that works next to the police station in the city office. She is going to take my ticket and see if she can get me out of my fine.

So this is the first ticket I have ever gotten. Because I'm in Spain does it really even count?

2 comments:

Molly said...

Your first ticket ever? Really? Ever? I can only imagine how confused you were when they were chattering away at you.

I talked to brent today(stictly business of course)and it made me miss all you guys so much. Wish you could've come with him.

Jennifer said...

Sorry about the ticket. Of course it happens while Brent isn't there, right? On the bright side, at least el coche is still running!