Friday, June 12, 2009

Musings on 40

So the big 40 happened this week. How is it that I still feel like I'm so young but others look at me and think I'm old. I remember when I was a teenager how old my parents were. I remember when I first moved to Oregon and I was one of the young mothers in the ward and I looked at the parents that had teenagers and thought how they were older mature mothers with lots of advice. Now that I'm there I realize those mothers didn't know squat! How can I be one of those older mature mothers. How did I get here?!

1 comment:

skbkmjfamily said...

I live far enough away (so you can't hit me) to say that when I moved in the ward you were one of those moms too me.. okay not old though. Happy Birthday, you are an inspiration in how you live you life, active, mother, gospel, and not afraid to try new things.

I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you.

It also probably helps that you don't look 40.