Friday, March 19, 2010

Nit de Foc


"The Night of Fire" I think that is what it means in Valenciana. The biggest night of fireworks was last night. It didn't start until 1:30am. I was with the youth in the ward wandering around the city and people were letting off firecrackers all over the place. I really am getting sick of firecrackers. The spaniards are really not responsible at all. They throw firecrackers anywhere and don't have any concept of safety. A couple of the boys in our group threw fireworks at Mckenzie and it blew up on here foot. It wasn't a small firecracker either. By the end of the night I was soooo done with firecrackers. I'm glad they are illegal in the states. When we headed to the river park for the fireworks it was so crowded. I tried meeting up with Brent and the little kids but there was no way. We decided to just meet back at the car which was parked at the church. After the fireworks, which were wonderful, especially after getting high off the number of people around us smoking marajuana around us. Brent and I decided that it was not family friendly. By the time I was able to walk out of the mess and meet Brent it was 3:30am. We got to bed at 4 and were awakened at 8am by more fireworks. A huge mascleta that was somewhere in the streets around our house. The fireworks were non stop explosions that I know lasted over 30 minutes. I was finally able to drift off to sleep by the lullaby of bombs bursting in air.
The garbage left by the crowds.

No comments: